No doubt you have been picturing your wedding in your head for years now: what your dress will look like, the colors, the theme, the bridesmaids’ dresses, the perfect venue, and, of course, your future spouse.
What can sometimes make wedding planning stressful and frustrating is that it can be hard to line up everything just right so that your special day looks exactly like you’ve been dreaming all your life. Making your vision a reality is incredibly difficult, but that doesn’t mean that it is impossible to plan an incredible wedding. Take advantage of these 5 wedding planning tips to ensure that your big day is as wonderful as you had imagined!
1. Set Your Budget – This might be the most crucial step of the entire planning process. A budget will help you stay on track throughout by narrowing down your options and giving you a clear idea of how much you can spend. For instance, if there’s an expensive caterer you absolutely need to have but you like a few different venues, your budget will eliminate more costly locations right off the bat.
2. Stay Organized – The quickest way to become stressed is to not have a strong grasp on everything that has to be done. Don’t let a cloud of uncertainty hang over your head, where you are constantly worried about something that you feel like needs to be done, but you aren’t sure what it is. Make a checklist of everything you need to plan so that you always know exactly what you need to do.
3. Create a Timeframe – After you’ve made your list, you may be overwhelmed by the sheer number of tasks on it. To help you keep everything straight, make a timeframe for each task so that you can know exactly when everything should be done. For example, you should book your venue early on in the process, around 10-12 months before the wedding date. But, your rehearsal dinner location doesn’t need to be booked until 4-6 months in advance.
4. Delegate – We know that the only person you really trust to pull off the wedding is yourself, but it is impossible to do everything! You need to have a core group of 2 to 3 people who help you throughout the planning process. Recruit some friends to come over to help you address the invitations or transport decorations to the venue. This will be invaluable for keeping you sane through the busy planning months!
5. Enjoy the Process – Wedding planning doesn’t need to be stressful all the time. In fact, it should be one of the most exciting times in your life! Take a minute every now and then to step back and keep the big picture in mind. Enjoy the time you get to spend planning a super fun party with all your family and friends, because that’s what it really is!
Holy Trinity in Maitland has Orlando’s premier reception center for your big day. We have two spaces for your ceremony: a beautiful new outdoor Mediterranean-style pavilion that seats up to 400, or our Aegean room, which seats up to 150. For your reception, our breathtaking Agape Ballroom can hold up to 400 people as well. Our facility is located right off of I-4, though it feels more like a trip to the Mediterranean with our beautiful Greek-style buildings and landscaping. For the full list of amenities and rates, visit our website or call us at 407-331-3036.